NOTE Outlook for iOS requires iOS 8.0 or higher. App availability also varies by country. Find out what's available in your country. If the app is incompatible with your device, you can add your mail account by using the mail app that comes with your device. See Set up email using the iOS mail app.
- Do you have Outlook for iOS installed on your device?
- If it's not installed on your device, download Outlook for iOS from the Apple Store, open it, swipe through the introductions, and then tap Get Started.
- If it is install on your device, open the app, tap Settings > Add Account.
- In the Add Account page, select the mail you want to add:
- Tap Outlook.com if you have an Outlook email account ending with @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @msn.com or @live.com.
NOTE This includes international domains like @outlook.co.uk or any custom domains hosted on Outlook.com.
- Tap Exchange if you have a work or school Exchange-based email account, like Office 365.
- Tap one of the other options if you have a different mail account, tap Google if you have Gmail.
- Enter your full email address, for example email@example.com, and your password, and then tap Sign in.
- The account will be added, and Outlook for iOS will begin to sync to the email account.
NOTE If you get a time-out message, your password or other information might be incorrect. Retype the information, and then try again.
To learn more about using Outlook for iOS, see Frequently asked questions about Outlook for iOS and Android.